Are you interested in a career in Engineering, Draughting or Autodesk?
If you have been notified via mobile messaging or e-mail then you need to please
attend a course content presentation on Friday 1 February at 09:00 followed by a student assessment at 10:30 by 63 Van Riebeeck Ave, Edenvale.
Please bring scientific calculater with, all other materials will be provided. Parents are welcome.
Computer Aided Drawing Office Practice (CAD). Qualifiication:-66071, NQF Level 4. Nationaly Accredited Qualifications.
Students will receive clarification of training content - course learning material and an overview of the basic learning subjects/units standard
designed to allow you as the learner entry into the workplace. We will be conducting profile assessments for successful applicents on this day.
Basic Learning subjects/unit standards
- Maintaining occupational health, safety and general housekeeping. NQF Level 32 – 8 credits
- Operate a computer workstation in a business environment. NQF level 3 - 2 credits
- Set up and prepare 3D model space and produce a 3D model
- Demonstrate an understanding of drawing office practice
- Demonstrate an understanding of measuring instruments used in Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) practice
- Plan and produce two-dimensional (2D) Computer Aided Drawings (CAD)
- Plan and schedule workflow
- Represent client requirements in a free hand drawing and scale model
- Accommodate audience and context needs in oral/signed communication
- Interpret a variety of literary texts
- Interpret and use information from texts
- Write/present/sign texts for a range of communicative contexts
- Apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life related problems
- Describe, represent, analyse and explain changes in shape and motion in 2- and 3-dimensional space with justification
- Evaluate literary texts
- Make and motivate judgements on selected literary texts
- Read/view, analyse and respond to a variety of texts
- Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues
- Write/present/sign for a wide range of contexts
- Draw and interpret complex plate, pipe and structural steel plate, pipe and structural steel drawings
- Interpret, read and produce mechanical drawings
- Interpret, read and produce reinforced concrete detailed drawings
- Interpret, read and produce structural steel drawings for workshop fabrication
- Demonstrate an understanding of mechanical components
Our 10 week "Certification Course" includes training and 9 internationally recognized Autodesk certificates for AutoCAD, Inventor and Autodesk Vault.
The Certification Course is a prerequisite for the Specialisation course which extrends the knowledge and skills the student obtained during that course by adding
advanced knowledge of Autodes's products used during that course and also of the specialised components of products such as Inventor, Revit and Plant 3D which are typically
used by the larger and more specialised companies in the Building, Mining, Manufacturing and Process Plant industries.
This complete course encompasses 20 internationally recognized certificates and invaluable practical training with our senior lecturers and qualified engineers on the
specialised Autodesk software in a variety of applications including Architecture an Process Plant.
Kindly contact us for more information, Course Schedule & Cost.
LEARN HOW AUTODESK PRODUCT DESIGN SUITE CAN HELP YOU DESIGN BETTER PRODUCTS, REDUCE DEVELOPMENT TIMES AND GET TO MARKET FASTER.
Autodesk Building Design Suite is a 3D buildingdesign software portfolio of interoperable BIM-based products that supports each phase of your workflow.
Produced realistic 3D visualizations, use integrated simulation and analysis tools, create higher-quality construction documentation.
Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite, a comprehensive BIM for Infrastructure software solution, provides intelligent model based tools to help you gain more accurate,
accessible, and actionable insight throughout the lifecycle of you infrastructure projects.
Autodesk Plant Design Suite provides comprehensive plant design and piping software in an economical package.
Design, model, and review plant projects more effectively. The suite can help you innovate ahead of the competition, communicate with greater clarity, and keep
projects on schedule and within budget.
011 450 0230
011 455 3589
Mon to Fri: 08:00am - 04:30pm.